As a company engaged in structural steel fabrication and erection Central Engineering Pty Ltd is committed to minimising impacts of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Commitment to continuous environmental performance improvement including implementation of environmental policies and procedures as a member of the Australian Steel Institute – Environmental Sustainability Charter;
- Meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable Federal, State and Local Government environmental legislation;
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, including materials and energy use, and active promotion of recycling both internally and amongst business customers and suppliers;
- Responsible disposal of non-recyclable waste products;
- Minimise air, soil, waterways, noise and visual impact on the environment;
- Take active measures to identify and protect areas of conservation & heritage value which may be impacted through site/project work activities;
- Review and embrace new technologies which will enhance the environmental performance of Central Engineering Pty Ltd;
- Ensure senior staff members are briefed in order to comply with Central Engineering Pty Ltd environmental policy and communicate with all staff to ensure that every individual within the company are aware of their environmental duties;
- Ongoing employee training and conduct of environmental audits to support best practice.
Mr Kevin Johnson – Director
Mr Scott Penman – Director